Friday, December 02, 2005

Teen Center

Thursday afternoon I met with the youth pastor of our church (Z-Man) and an amazing woman (Amy) who just loves on teens, especially the struggling kind. Amy is putting together a business plan to buy land and build a teen center close to Park Meadows mall.

I had the blessing of having these two wonderful, precious, loving, godly people in our home to work with them in developing their vision, long-term mission, mid-term objectives, and short-term goals to help turn this dream into the reality of bricks and mortar. I love doing business and strategic plans with pro forma financial projections (I get really jazzed by that) so it was a great meeting with their youth ideas and my business experience.

Amy and Z envision a place that teens can have as "their own" ~ where they are involved, loved, mentored, and can hang out with warmth and safety. Isn't that cool? It's a hard demographic to serve and it will take committed people who will donate significant funds to make this happen.

There is a similar center in Nashville that was started by Michael W. Smith (christian singer) ... you can see more at http://www.rocketown.com/. My impression is that because Rocketown is in Nashville, it may have more of an emphasis on music events than the center in Littleton would, but time and development will tell.

One of the things I love about having started my own company is being able to work on ministry projects. I am sooooooooo loving having a life that is integrated ... where my passion for family, passion for business, and passion for ministry can all co-exist happily.
It's been a blessed year.

No comments: