Breakfast at our place is fun and tasty. I make a hot breakfast almost every morning with our favorite "quick" breakfast being scrambled eggs with whole milk, a little salt, and grated cheese added at the very end to melt in. The eggs are served along side whole-wheat cinnimon sugar toast that is toasted in the toaster oven and topped with country crock buttery spread, cinnimon, and sugar - then I cut all the crusts off. Now that's a sticky finger messy job, and don't anybody try to tell me all the nutrients are in the crust (that's only true for fruits and vegetables, right?) but oh-boy is the toast so moist and delicate and tasty if the crusts have been cut off!




Some fun variations include eggs over easy, pancakes, and bacon pieces in the eggs.
With Ryan's schedule, he sometimes misses hot breakfast, and when he does he likes to have frosted mini-wheats or frosted flakes. Drew doesn't like to eat anything in the morning (or to talk or to smile, such a goofball) but about every other morning I can tempt him to break his fast with a cup of hot chocolate (whole milk in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, 3 scoops of hershey chocolate milk mix, poured into a starbucks type cup and lid, courtesy of Sam's Club). I'm trying to increase whole grains, so in addition to switching the family to whole wheat bread last year, this year I've often been eating oatmeal made with whole milk and brown sugar. It tastes too good to really be good for you, but I'm sticking with it anyway :~)
Breakfast ~ mmmmm, mmmmm, good!
No comments:
Post a Comment