Sunday, January 08, 2006

The New Loft

Well, it is done!

First we had to empy the loft out ....

Then we had to fill it back up ...

I'm really pleased with how it came out. We decided to order the furniture in the design that seemed to be just right for the space, and it finally arrived this week. And we did end up buying the couch that I had found at the consignment store which seemed to fit so wonderfully on the angled half-wall.

Drew got his new computer for Christmas with the special graphic card which also included the mondo-sized monitor. Ryan is holding off for a spiffy new laptop this summer before he heads off to college so he's sticking with his old Dell. Trey adopted Drew's old computer and Sean is using my old laptop which is circa last century, which is just fine to play Runescape :)


Some might say that our children are spoiled ~ I'd rather believe that they are a priority and treated as such. I'm totally "in" to raising our children walking with God, showing kindness to others, the expectation of self-discipline, and the requirements of hard work. But I'm total "out" on denying them and withholding material blessings if we've been blessed in a manner that we can provide such material blessings to them. I guess it seems to me that their value to us should show in our hearts, time, and pocketbook.

The boys, and their friends, seem really happy with the new loft. I think it came out pretty cool, too :)

No comments: