The standard size box for Royal Crest milk delivery is half the size of our extra large, big milkbox. But even the extra large milkbox isn't big enough for our family, we have two of them! They don't have the standard Royal Crest Dairy logo on the side because Dave painted the boxes to match our house in 1997. I see that they sure are showing their age :(

I recently pulled our dairy bill for December from the box. Let's see, it was $285, a smidge higher than usual. Our deliveries were as follows (with the details of prices in case we re-read this in 25 years and are stunned with inflation - ha!):
... 26 gallons whole milk for boys @ $4.99 each
... 20 half-gallons nonfat milk for parents @ $2.59 each
... 10 quarts of eggnog for ryan @ $2.69 each
... 6 dozen eggs for breakfast @ $ .99 each
... 5 loafs of wheat bread for toast & sandwiches @ $2.47 each
... 3 tubs of cookie dough for munching @ $6.95 each (and no, these never see the oven :)
... 3 quarts of french vanilla coffee creamer for dave @ $2.89
... A smattering of string cheese packages (4), cottage cheese (2), and orange juice (1)
This past summer, Drew and I were up late one night working on a publishing project for developing leaders for Youth for Christ in Africa. As we got home from Kinko's at 3.30am; we met our milkman. I asked him if we were Royal Crest's largest customer and he thought about it as he hustled back and forth between his truck and our milkbox, finally saying, "Yep, you are."
I apologized for being such a big burden as he ran past me yet again with another load of milk and supplies for our box. He called back over his shoulder, "Don't apologize, I get paid on commission!"
3 comments:
Cookie sushi and egg nog. The breakfast of champions.
Ok, I JUST got that now ~ "cookie sushi" ~ love it, love it, love it!!
Hey, if you want a new box just leave a note for your driver. He'll want to take your old ones though (the comapany repaints and reuses them). It might take a delvery or two to get them to you, most drivers don't take out extra boxes when they load out at night.
Post a Comment