Last week, my A#1 client George and his wife Barbara came to Denver. While here, George and I met with the regulatory agency for the company I manage for George. We had an awesomely great meeting with the regulators.
Afterward we had dinner at the Palamino downtown and walked over to the Denver Center for the Performing Arts and watched The Clean House playing at the stage theatre <http://www.denvercenter.org/event_calendar/caldetail.cfm?id_production=10573148>. The play is summarized as follows, "What happens when your house is clean but your life is still a mess? From the breathtaking imagination of playwright Sarah Ruhl comes a quirky romantic comedy for the 21st century. A finalist for the 2005 Pulitzer Prize, The Clean House is a startling and warm-hearted look at four extraordinary women as they cope with life, love, loss and the power of humor."
The Buell Theatre was dark and I had concerns about this play, given the name, but it had received great reviews and I love live theatre and have always thought seeing a show helps with memories of trips. So, we all agreed to give it a shot and that we'd leave at intermission if we didn't like it.
This play was awesome and I recommend it highly. The development of characters and our ability to see parts of each of us in each one of them was incredible. It's a story for the heart about living fully and living healthy. It was very cool. Very cool indeed.
Love, Sherrie
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad it was good. I love going to the theatre. I have seen a few good ones at the Stage, including Fences by August Wilson. My favorites are always the musicals...
Have you been to the Ellie yet?
Post a Comment