Thanksgiving had some very special parts to it in 2006
like none other before had ever had ...
(although in many ways ~ it was the same)
like none other before had ever had ...
(although in many ways ~ it was the same)
I loved having Ryan home all week from CU ~ that was sweet!.
I loved having Dave, Ryan, Drew, Trey & Sean
watch and enjoy football together.
I loved the long walk that Dave and I took through Cheese Ranch
and the retirement neighborhoods close to our home.
.
I loved having Jules join us for dinner as she took her first break
from Thanksgiving cooking in 24 years.
.
I loved having Sandy come by for a late Thanksgiving dinner
after having nursed all day.
.
I love that God loves us, provides for us, blesses us,
and calls us to be His Children,
To listen to His voice, and to live a life of love.
.
And ...
.
I loved that "home" was a special part of the things Ryan and Drew were thankful for.
.
I loved that our boys always want the same Thanksgiving dinner
and same Thanksgiving football each year ...
and after more than 19 years of parenting
I am seeing how tradition is such a blessing to kids.
.
I loved that Ryan was so upbeat all week
and how much his little brothers adored having him home.
.
I loved that Drew ate sweet potatoes and said,
"Man, those are good ~ I've never eaten them before because they looked nasty,
but they are good... can you pass some more?"
.
I loved that Trey ate double-layered pumpkin cheesecake for the first time, and loved it.
.
I loved that Sean got to eat his first turkey leg and thought it was great.
.
For next year ...
.
I'm not sure I'd do anything different.
No ~ wait ...
I need to find two extra turkey legs so that we have four to go around!
.
Gobble, gobble,
With much Thanksgiving in my heart,
Sherrie
.
I loved that Drew ate sweet potatoes and said,
"Man, those are good ~ I've never eaten them before because they looked nasty,
but they are good... can you pass some more?"
.
I loved that Trey ate double-layered pumpkin cheesecake for the first time, and loved it.
.
I loved that Sean got to eat his first turkey leg and thought it was great.
.
For next year ...
.
I'm not sure I'd do anything different.
No ~ wait ...
I need to find two extra turkey legs so that we have four to go around!
.
Gobble, gobble,
With much Thanksgiving in my heart,
Sherrie
No comments:
Post a Comment