Monday, January 29, 2007

Denver ~ 1913 Snow Storm

My friend Susan forwaded these pictures from her Aunt Barbara of
Denver's 1913 snowstorm ~ the biggest ever on record.
They are wonderful pictures that I have enjoyed looking at and pondering ...
.
I think this is looking East at the Colorado Capitol building ~
from where the US Mint currently stands on Colfax ...
This appears to be a cable car on the 16th street mall,
(it looks like the Daniels & Fisher tower in the middle)
The guy behind the cable car looks like he is carrying skis!
This looks like the neighborhood where I used to work in the 90's just east of downtown.
Our office was in a restored Victorian house on Race & 16th Street ...
I think the picture is from the tree tunnel on University Boulevard,
North of I-25 and South of Alameda ... Too much fun!
I feel the same ...
Plenty of snow in stock, yet a privilege to live here :~)

Sunny Skies & Love, Sherrie

No comments: