Friday, January 19, 2007

Fresh Starts ...

Dave and I journeyed to Boulder today to take Ryan & Kelli to lunch
at our favorite place ~ The Sink (since 1923 ~ best burgers, hands down!)
And to take Ryan a replacement phone for the one he just washed
(thank heaven's Drew had recently retired his razor for a white chocolate).
It was so fun to get out, drive, see the sun, and have a great visit..
.
A part I loved about college was the "fresh start" every semester ...
So it was really neat hearing about their new classes.
Ryan's 15 units are in Calculus, Physics, & Humanities
While Kelli's are in Macro Economics, Western Civ, Physics, and... am I missing one?
It was a great adventure & such an enjoyable time!
.
* * *
Speaking of Ryan and Fresh Starts ...
Have I ever told you the story about this formation in Farley's Canyon
on the north end of Lake Powell (the most beautiful place on earth)?
The punch line as two tiny dots of missing children
appeared at the top of the tallest one in 1998 was,
"If they get down from there alive I'm gunna' kill 'em!"
(muttered as only a mama to her sister could ~ regarding Ryan age 11 & Trey age 4 ...
They, along with very thristy wonderdog Miss Ashleigh, made it down just fine :)
Praise be to our loving Lord !!

No comments: