I love Skype and have used it for a couple of years ~ it is a program that allows you to send instant messages, but more than that, it has great voice over-the-internet phone service (VOIP). I use a plantronics headset that provides two ears in stereo and hands-free awesome sound for my phone calls (and it's great for music, videos, etc., when you don't want your speakers to interrupt others).
.
To make calls on skype is about 2 cents a minute now worldwide (it was free for US calls all of last year). And, until Jan 31st, for $15 you can buy unlimited US calls for a year. No minutes on your cell phone, no long distance on your home phone, no phone to hold ... it's a great deal. This service is called, "Skype-Out" (when you make outbound phone calls from your computer).
.
We have dear friends who have been traveling for over a month to an undeveloped country and have found skype to be incredibly great as they travel since it is so much easier to find an internet connection than a phone connection in today's world. I hadn't thought about it from that angle before ~ another skype plus.
.
So, if you're interested, this is one of those services I recommend highly and you might just want to get in on it ... if so, here are the links: SKYPE and HEADSET
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment