Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What's Different???

Dearest Friends ~

As you may know, now that I'm in my mid-40's I've been struggling with an awareness that my memory has been "losing the edge" that it had when I was younger. However, in the past several days, I've noticed that I've been much sharper in that department! So this morning, I queried myself, "What's different? Is there anything that I'm doing that's been different that might account for this improvement?"

There are two things I can come up with ~ of course I'm not sure if either have been the cause of the positive improvement in my memory, but nonetheless they are the answer to "what's different" and thus they might be why things are a bit sharper upstairs in the recollection department. I thought I'd share them in case you wanted to give either or both a try. If you do try either one, please let me know if after a couple of weeks if you notice any improvement in your memory :~)

..........1. Vitamins ~ From about the time I was 20 years old I have taken GNC ultra meg vitamins. The only time I've not taken them is when I've been pregnant (I took pre-natal's instead) and in the past few years when I've taken "cheaper" and "more convenient" vitamins that I can buy at the grocery or drugstore. The first week of January, I went to GNC to buy vitamins again and have been taking the " GNC woman's ultra meg " for two weeks. Could this be why my brain is working better? My gut tells me that yes, this is making a difference.

..........2. Today's Plan ~ For the past two weeks I've been developing a "Today's Plan" at the end of each day (in excel of course :) for the next day. As part of this, I've tried to make routine as much as possible on the list (getting up at the same time, doing the same things in the same order, having a checklist for mornings and evenings, having certain things already plugged in on different days of the week, going to bed earlier, etc.) so that many parts of my day no longer involve any decision ~ just following a pre-set routine. Has setting these "routine" for as much as possible created more space in my brain for more meaningful parts of my life and thus the capacity to remember more? I'm thinking it's a possibility. It's certainly brought me more order and peace in my day, so why not more sharpness in my memory.

So anyway, there you have it ~ my thoughts on how my thoughts are working better! If you try these ideas and they result in enhancements to the quality of your life, then it will be worth the time I've taken to share :~) And if you have other ideas regarding things that are working for you, please feel free to suggest those as well ~ I can use all the help possible!

Now if I can just remember how to log on to my blog and post (ha ha ha!!!)

Have a blessed day! Love ya!!
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, I saw your blog post. I use an enhanced multi-vitamin from Costco that I think is as good as the one you are talking about. I think it is called High Performance and is the Kirkland brand. I think it is cheaper than GNC, so you might want to compare the ingredients. I also took a “normal” multi-vitamin for a short while, and noticed that I didn’t feel as good or energetic. I gave those away and went back to the higher-powered ones. I think it is the higher level of B vitamins that tend to make a difference in some things. I’ve also heard that not enough vitamin D can cause many problems, however nobody seems to have agreed on how much can be taken as a supplement.

I’ll try to remember to write down the exact name of the vitamins from Costco, in case you want to check them out.

I am getting perilously close to 50!! Yikes!
~ C

Anonymous said...

you make me smile
i love you
k

Anonymous said...

Sherrie: I can relate to the vitamins and to keeping the same routine. I notice that when my routine gets juggled I get juggled. I also don’t sleep as well if my night time schedule doesn’t remain the same. I hope these “differences” continue to help. Thanks for the info. ~ J

Anonymous said...

I love it, I am 43 and have the memory issue too. I thought I was too young so that thanks for the confirmation "I'm OK! You're OK!" ...Have a blessed day! ~ C

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherrie can I see your spreadsheet that you use for 2. Today's Plan? I am always looking for something new to try. I love that you share with us your discoveries. Thanks. ~ C