One of my very best friends sent this picture to me this morning...
I just HAD to post it...
After the smile however,
this picture raised a lot of thoughts and questions for me that went something like this ...
.
~ Yep, I'm cool! ~
.
~ Once my kids become teens, why don't they recognize any longer that I'm cool?
(and thank you Lord that Sean is still a youngster and loves & adores us so tremendously!) ~
.
~ I wonder if it's fairly universal that you give & give & give the most to your kids
and you get the fewest accolades or appreciation for being cool from them? ~
.
~ Should I be doing things as a mom differently? ~
.
~ Really, is being cool where it's at? ~
.
~ Since I'm cool, I think I must think that being cool is the right thing ~
.
~ For me, being "cool" means giving lots and lots of love ...
to my Lord, to my husband, to my kids, to my extended family, to our kids' friends, to our neighbors, to our church and ministry family, to our colleagues and associates...
to do fun things in a way that gives others the opportunity to learn, grow, laugh, and love...
even if I'd rather just do nothing ~
.
~ Yeah, MOMS ARE COOL!! ~
.
Be cool and have a great day! Sherrie
I just HAD to post it...
this picture raised a lot of thoughts and questions for me that went something like this ...
.
~ Yep, I'm cool! ~
.
~ Once my kids become teens, why don't they recognize any longer that I'm cool?
(and thank you Lord that Sean is still a youngster and loves & adores us so tremendously!) ~
.
~ I wonder if it's fairly universal that you give & give & give the most to your kids
and you get the fewest accolades or appreciation for being cool from them? ~
.
~ Should I be doing things as a mom differently? ~
.
~ Really, is being cool where it's at? ~
.
~ Since I'm cool, I think I must think that being cool is the right thing ~
.
~ For me, being "cool" means giving lots and lots of love ...
to my Lord, to my husband, to my kids, to my extended family, to our kids' friends, to our neighbors, to our church and ministry family, to our colleagues and associates...
to do fun things in a way that gives others the opportunity to learn, grow, laugh, and love...
even if I'd rather just do nothing ~
.
~ Yeah, MOMS ARE COOL!! ~
.
Be cool and have a great day! Sherrie
No comments:
Post a Comment