Monday, August 20, 2007

Lake Pueblo ~ April

We've had some great camping and boating adventures this year.
I have lots more pix & stories to post as I'm quite behind!

These pictures are from our first trip out to Lake Pueblo in April of this year.
Although it was cool, actually downright chilly if the boat was moving,
We were happy not to be skunked as has happened in the past.

This year, Robyn & Darold's friends Dale, Virginia, and Devin joined us
with their adorable King Charles Spaniel named Dash. It turns out that Dale
is the uncle of a man I worked with previously which is very Small World-ish :)
They taught us Omelette's in a Bag by boiling ziploc bags with eggs, vegetables,
ham and cheese. In my mind, I recollect Devin as "Dude"
because of how often
he used it with our boys...
"Hey duuude ... dude ... dude ... hey dude ... dude ... dude ... hey dude"
Makes me wonder if the Beatles
had redone Hey Jude and I just haven't heard the remake :)
Dude goes with the other current repetitive word of "like" ... like, you know what I mean?
And dude, I must confess that as a youngster mine was "actually
."
Actually, what is with that?

In any event, here are the pictures of our boating, hiking, rock throwing,
water-tower climbing April 2007 adventure to Lake Pueblo...

Breakfast at camp ...Devin and his cuter-than-can-be doggie Dash ...Headed to the marina to get the boats...We always appreciate Trey's run-ahead-willingness to get the boat uncovered...Ahhh, they're so incredibly cute!The crazy trees and birds that make Lake Pueblo, Lake Pueblo...Relaxing at the dam, cleaning the boats...Did someone say the temperature is dropping?
Let's find a spot, drop anchor, and take some boat naps!Ahhh... it's warmer on shore with the classic Pueblo bluff and hike ...Soda cans prepared for rock throwing from above ....Our favorite water tower ...Trey scrambled up the side of this bluff,
I held my breath and prayed like crazy...Goofball Dave!~ Extra, Extra, Extra ~
FLASHBACK MEMORY FROM LAKE PUEBLO ...

Several years ago on a too-cold-to-boat,
early season trip to Pueblo,
we watched movies.
First was one of the more recent Star Trek movies,

and second we watched Men in Black.
A great memory was when Ryan and Drew

said Men In Black was much better because Star Trek was "sooo fake."
I still laugh when I think back to that great line!

No comments: