Dave and I rode our tandem bike downtown and back on Saturday ~ it was a 55.5 mile ride.
We left about 9.30am and rolled on back up the street at 5pm.
The wind (and no, I am NOT kidding) was either at our faces or about to blow us over from the side most of the day. The last many miles home are almost all uphill.
We never got off and walked and we never stopped on an uphill.
Several times on every single uphill the last 10 miles, Dave said, "Sheeeesh"
and I responded with "We can make it, we can make it" ~ too bad you can't hear our accents!
And we did make it... straight home to showers and TV!
Some "pre-pix" by our professional personal photographer Sean ...

Leaving the hood ...

The adventurous trail to downtown...





Arrival at Confluence Park and a big rest!


How handy - a hot dog stand, REI, and great views...



Time to head back ...








For taking on this adventure, Dave's crazy!
I guess that makes me crazier!!
(we can't wait to do it again :)
We left about 9.30am and rolled on back up the street at 5pm.
The wind (and no, I am NOT kidding) was either at our faces or about to blow us over from the side most of the day. The last many miles home are almost all uphill.
We never got off and walked and we never stopped on an uphill.
Several times on every single uphill the last 10 miles, Dave said, "Sheeeesh"
and I responded with "We can make it, we can make it" ~ too bad you can't hear our accents!
And we did make it... straight home to showers and TV!
Some "pre-pix" by our professional personal photographer Sean ...
Leaving the hood ...
The adventurous trail to downtown...
Arrival at Confluence Park and a big rest!
How handy - a hot dog stand, REI, and great views...
Time to head back ...
I guess that makes me crazier!!
(we can't wait to do it again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment