Saturday, September 06, 2008

10 Questions ...

Today we have a special guest posting ~ Sean! The following is his homework assignment "10 Questions" ~ the original was prepared on 1-sheet in a 3-column newsletter format. I hope you enjoy his newsletter as much as we did (and the pictures I found to go along with his stories :) ...


10 Questions


Sean: An eleven year old boy with a passion to be a teacher. A student of Mrs. E's sixth grade classroom. Math and writing are his best strengths. He loves computers and problem solving games. Sean will now take your questions.

When you were a little kid, what was your favorite toy?
In my opinion, my Blues Clues notebook ... I got it when I was about four. I got it because I was obsessed with the Blues Clues show. When I had it I used to draw things and make my own mysteries. It even had its own big crayon that it came with, but sadly I lost it a log time ago. I would love it if I still had it now.

Out of all your vacations trips, which one did you most enjoy?
I would have to say my birthday in Hawaii. I flew to Hawaii for my 8th birthday with my family. We stayed there for a week. We went swimming, surfing, and stayed at a hotel. We went surfing for the day. Even though I wasn't very good, it was still fun. Out of all the times I tried, I only got up once and only once for about 1 or 2 seconds before smacking my face on the water. When we were at the hotel we fed nearby birds by putting frosted flakes on the window sill. It was so special to me. But sadly we had to fly home from our fun adventure after a week of exciting activities.

If you could own one thing in the world, what would it be?
Right off the top of my head I picked a money making machine because I could get whatever I want whenever I want. I could also give money to poor and make new homes for people. I would make a successful computer company and add to my money. It would be so exciting to have a money making machine because I could do whatever I wanted with my money. If I ever had a situation like jail, I would have enough money for bail!

What makes your skin crawl?
What I am about to say is my absolute most hated noise in the whole world - fingernails on a chalkboard. Just the thought of it gives me goose bumps. It's like a screeching monster yelling sending a shock wave of fear and shivers through my body.

In school, what are you best at?
When I really put my mind to it, math and writing. Although I don't like writing and I don't think I am good at writing, other people tell me that I am really good at it. I write well but I always think I did badly when I end up with an A. Math on the other hand is a given strength in my department. I love to solve problems and help others better understand problems in math. I love to apply my math skills to daily life, it helps me a lot to do things better. Math is a way for me to better understand life.

What winter activities do you do?
To start off, I have to say that winter is my favorite season. I absolutely hate the summer and hot weather. It just is too hot for me to stand. I do lots of activities in the winter but my favorite one is snowboarding. I snowboard every weekend in the winter. I do it whenever I can. I usually get a mountain ski pass for five of my favorite mountains. I love the sound of my snowboard carving up against the puffy white blanket covering the mountain. It's so fun because I snowboard with my friends and family. I hate to snowboard alone. I will conquer any mountain that comes my way.

What summer activities do you do?
In summer I do a variety of different things that involve wheels. The one I enjoy the most is skateboarding. I skateboard at a skate park every week, but I try to skateboard every day I can to practice. I really like to be free with the wind on my skateboard. I love the sound that my hard wheels make on the hard concrete. Skateboarding is a way to practice my snowboarding for the winter. They have a similar feeling, skateboarding and snowboarding.


What do you do when you go to the lake for camping?
When I camp I do a whole lot of things at the lake. My favorite is water skiing. I love the sound of my skis patting on the soft water with little force. The wind feels like a big warm wave of happiness washing over my whole body like an ocean wave. When I water ski, I ski for about 45 minutes or more. I can get in the water, put on my skis, get up, have a successful skiing time and when I feel tired, I let go of the rope and sink into the water without getting my hair wet! Water skiing is a way for me to have fun and work my body.

What is your dream job?
A dream job is hard to choose at this age but I guess what I would enjoy the most is a teaching job at the elementary school. I would like to do this because I think that teaching others is important because then I can encourage others to learn the knowledge I have gathered. I could encourage others to like school instead of disliking it. Passing down knowledge is exactly what I want to do as a teacher. It makes me smile just thinking about teaching younger kids.

3 comments:

Keri said...

What an impressive young man! Good job, Sean. And so cute, too!

Crissy-Charlie said...

Loved it!

sandymac said...

Great going young man. A great story too. So grown up now. Love, Grandma