Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We had a great end of season trip to Lake Pueblo ...

We had a great end of season trip to lake Pueblo recently ...
Friend Sam was able to join Sean, Trey, Dave and I as we met Robyn & Darold.
We rented slips for the boats and on a cool afternoon,
Dave & Darold re-carpeted the boat trailers which they'd been planning for a year or so.
They came out really nice.
We also had a couple of hikes to the water tower and threw rocks off our favorite cliff.

Just before this trip, Drew got me the new Olympus camera under warranty as mine
that he gave to me as a birthday present before my trip to China in 2006 was no longer focusing.
I'm tickled with the picture quality of this point-n-shoot
(Olympus FE-350 shown HERE at amazon.com)

Tickled ... yes that's the right word.
And all of my poor subjects this weekend had to put up with me snap, snap, snapping.
They were good sports.
I like to tell myself that someday they'll thank me for it ...
but that might be simply wishful thinking. Oh well, at least I enjoy it!

So without further ado, here are but a fraction of my photos ...

Breakfast ...


Lake Pueblo ~ tubing & waterskiing ...


Lunch and hanging out ...


An "escape pod" adventure to shore & hiking ...


Back at the boat dock ...


And the return to camp ...


Camera play ...

Automatic 'smile finder' setting ...

Re-carpeting the boat trailers ...


Hiking ...

Camera Battery Dead ...

;)


During out hike, I re-connected with Rocky (who's at USC now) about his water tower incident a few years back and found that he had almost fallen off one of the cliffs and died -- I knew of an 'incident' but hadn't realized that it was a near death one, which brings us to two with him (the other was the very bad concussion at Lake of the Ozarks when he tried to 'olly' while wake-boarding - we got back from the hospital MRI at 2am on that one!)

It was a great trip ~ and now it's cold ... brrrr!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great and fun pictures. especially like the wildcat t shirt. everyone is growing up. Thanks for sharing. Love to all. Love you.
Moms

The Wades said...

You are always on some wild adventure! That was one very impressive post--I can only imagine how long that took to do!!!

Fun times. Looks like your new camera is a winner. :)