Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Welcome Dessert for Homebuilders

Tonight our family hosted a dessert for new families in our Homebuilders Sunday School class at Grace Chapel ~ and did we ever have a great time! We had about 30 people (parents & kiddos) and the sharing and joy were of great encouragement. My dear friend Sandy (red sweater & glasses) helped me to get everything ready for the guests (she's such an awesome hostess) and Dave made a sherbet punch using our neighbor Inger's recipe that was a huge hit. I took these pictures at the beginning when we were doing an ice breaker. But I missed getting a picture of the eight teens & youth playing poker downstairs :(

Our Homebuilders class is a place of "home" for us. We've been a part of this class for 12 years now and have found a great amount of authenticity, love, and support in this community. It's really neat being able to warmly welcome newcomers to the class and I'm glad the dessert evening was so much fun.








No comments: