Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Love, True Love ...

Awesome post on love from Ryan
.
Right there at the core, it really is all about love.
I like pondering about what Ryan shared
about four different kinds of love
and making sure we're working at the best kind.
.
I think what is hardest about managing the whole eros love
is the emotional high that comes with it.
It has an attraction like drugs, and when it's gone,
it can leave you feeling like a downer.
Like something is missing. Like something is wrong.
When in fact that's not the case at all.
Unless your in love with being in eros love :~)
.
And there's a bit of full-circle to it all
with the Real Meaning of Life, Happiness, and Love.
Because I think all three are based on whether
we are willing to deny ourselves the short-term desires and pleasures
of our self-indulgences (including emotional highs) and self-pity
to chase the long-term prize of giving the best kind of our love,
agape love, to God and others ...
.
Onward!

No comments: