Sunday, February 26, 2006

The "Real Meaning of Life"

This < http://sarahjohnv2.blogspot.com/2006/02/real-meaning-of-life.html > was an awesome post by Sarah. I've always loved her blog, what she says, the humor she finds in life, how she processes what's up. So I don't mean to take away from the rest of what she says and who she is, it's just that I loved her "The Real Meaning of Life" post.

Of course, as with you I would assume, reading it makes me wonder what I think the real meaning of life is. And today, unequivocably, I would say that somehow I find "meaning" in the concept of living life "well" ~ meaning that coasting or overly-stressing do not qualify for "meaning" in life. And living well ... hmmm...

Living on purpose, living with purpose, finding and following the right purpose. If God is real, then that would involve finding God (a key issue to sort through). Once we find God, does He have anything to say that would impact how we live? If so, what is it? Are we doing it?

Jesus said our purpose is to Love God with everything we've got and Love others as we love ourselves. Yesterday I was told that JOY could be an acrositic for Jesus ~ Others ~ Yourself ... I thought that was pretty cool. I think our "happiness" quotient is a pretty good measure if we're living well.

Truth is, over the years I've proven to myself over and over again that I'm happiest when I'm loving on God and loving on others. So I guess what I think is that ... The real meaning of life is finding happiness, and God gave us the roadmap, so the key is to follow it.

But the challenge comes in this ... Are we willing to deny ourselves the short-term desires and pleasures of self-indulgences and self-pity to chase the long-term prize of giving our love to God and others? That's where the rubber meets the road.


No comments: