Thursday, September 07, 2006

All in all, another brick in the wall

Dave is building a wall around the "mound" in our backyard
which is home to our evergreen garden...


I think the wall is very, very beautiful.
The color reminds me so much of Lake Powell :)


For next steps, Dave is going to have dirt delivered to backfill against the wall
Then will come the special top-row bricks
(which will have to be individually cut so that there aren't gaps in
between).
And finally he'll put mulch or bark of some sort on top.


And I need to figure out what color to paint
Our rusting outdoor furniture.
I'm thinking a forest green, but am not totally sure yet ...
As that may be too much green in the backyard.
Anything in the red family might blend or clash with the wall.
Perhaps black, but that seems too "heavy"

All in all, I'm just not sure how to compliment
The beautiful brick in the wall!

Hey Ryan ~ you mean these green chairs?
Great Idea ~ I will do that when the sun comes up :~)
We're looking forward to lunch tomorrow!


1 comment:

Ryan said...

hey put the plastic green chairs on the eyeball patio to see if green works with the wall...