On my January 17, 2006 post (on this linked page) I wrote about my new pedometer, research on walking 10,000 steps per day, and how I was increasing my activity levels through the awareness my new pedometer brought ...
And now, after faithful wear, disaster has struck ~ I lost my pedometer last week! But not before having walked 10,000 steps per day fairly regularly and having lost 10 pounds ... but better yet, I feel better and am healthier & happier than I've ever been. Those endorphins are such a great picker-upper and walking at a quick pace kicks them right into gear. I like to start each day with a fast walk around our "circle" (the outer street surrounding our neighborhood which is a 1 mile adventure from our house). That used to give me 3400 steps, but as my fitness has increased, so has my stride so now it's good for 2300 steps toward the 10,000.
So of course, the only solution to my loss was to get a new one ~ and the updated version (Oregon Scientific PE316PM Pedometer with Pulse Meter) that is now available and shown here is pretty cool! It came two days ago (ordered from ambient weather on amazon.com) 's got a little finger sleeve from which it will take your pulse. I'm at a near dead 45 bpm sedentary and more than double that when walking ... hmmm, amazing ~ just from walking!
So enough chitty-chat ~ I'm headed out around the circle!
WALK ON!!!
And now, after faithful wear, disaster has struck ~ I lost my pedometer last week! But not before having walked 10,000 steps per day fairly regularly and having lost 10 pounds ... but better yet, I feel better and am healthier & happier than I've ever been. Those endorphins are such a great picker-upper and walking at a quick pace kicks them right into gear. I like to start each day with a fast walk around our "circle" (the outer street surrounding our neighborhood which is a 1 mile adventure from our house). That used to give me 3400 steps, but as my fitness has increased, so has my stride so now it's good for 2300 steps toward the 10,000.
So of course, the only solution to my loss was to get a new one ~ and the updated version (Oregon Scientific PE316PM Pedometer with Pulse Meter) that is now available and shown here is pretty cool! It came two days ago (ordered from ambient weather on amazon.com) 's got a little finger sleeve from which it will take your pulse. I'm at a near dead 45 bpm sedentary and more than double that when walking ... hmmm, amazing ~ just from walking!
So enough chitty-chat ~ I'm headed out around the circle!WALK ON!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment