Monday, May 14, 2007

Drew, Rocky & Drew ~ A Camping Trip!

Drew, Rocky & Drew ventured out on a weekend camping trip to Red Feathers Lake last month. They borrowed camping supplies from our motorhome (tent, chairs, grill, etc), shopped at the grocery store for their menu items, and packed from home for activities and such. It was a warm and beautiful weekend in a gorgeous location and they enjoyed themselves, a visit from Paul, and cooking fish in the fire.
.
As a rental fee for items borrowed, I asked for pictures and here they are!
Starting with departing the 'hood ...It's unbelievable to now be the mom of young adult men!
.
So many times when the boys were growing up, people would say to me,
"Enjoy it now, it goes so fast."
I never did have the sense that it goes fast, so that admonishment seemed empty.
But I did work to enjoy those years as much as possible ~ especially the "golden years"
which were what I called the years before any of the boys hit 16
and the angst of living with and coaching teenagers really settles it :)

Now that two of the boys are men, I think the better phrase to young parents should be,
"Enjoy their childhoods so that you can marvel at the great adults they are becoming."
.
Parenthood really is like none other!

No comments: