Friday, September 28, 2007

Our Visit to See Ryan...

When we went up for lunch with Ryan this week, after we filled our bellies at Olive Garden we went back to the house with him to be his 'rent slaves :) and help rearrange his room.

A few days earlier, Ry asked his rommate Tom what he'd think about a change and Tom replied, "You're the engineer, I'm the com major. You draw it up then I'll talk about it." Of course Ryan drew it to scale on graph paper, Tom loved the concept, I did the wiring, and Dave and Ryan moved the furniture. As expected, it came out great...

Ryan, Ryan & Taylor...Moving the bookcase...Relaxing on the couch with its new footstool...Thanks Dad!Watch out Mom!
(oh yeah, he forgot to say "watch out" when he lobbed the medicine bottle
at me while I was taking Dave's picture - goofball!!)

The room rearrangement was great. But what we enjoyed more was
(1) hearing about Ryan's consideration of changing focus from engineering to astrophysics (guess with a major like that it's okay that it's taking us a bit of time to get our arms around it);
(2) celebrating his calculus 3 exam on which he scored a full standard deviation higher than the class average; and
(3) having a few minutes to see Kelli between classes finishing and her trip to the eye doctor and work.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the blessing of being a mom?

No comments: