Miss Ashleigh had surgery last week to remove a growth on her lower lip. The biopsy results just came in... the tumor was malignant melanoma and her prognosis is guarded and unfavorable. For now, although deaf and hard of seeing, she is just as happy and healthy as she has been (which is far better for her 15 years of age than can be expected even before this tumor). But with that test result and feedback, her countdown of days is more on my mind.
As has been true all these years, she still follows me every where and is hardly ever more than a yardstick from my side (or feet). She's been such a faithful and loyal dog that has been very special in my life. When I ask myself what makes her so special, it's that "she's always there." And when I consider the end of my own life, I suppose that is something I hope that my loved ones say about me,
"the thing that made her so special is that she was always there."
So in celebration of the pup who has my heart,
here are some pix of Miss Ashleigh...














As has been true all these years, she still follows me every where and is hardly ever more than a yardstick from my side (or feet). She's been such a faithful and loyal dog that has been very special in my life. When I ask myself what makes her so special, it's that "she's always there." And when I consider the end of my own life, I suppose that is something I hope that my loved ones say about me,
"the thing that made her so special is that she was always there."
So in celebration of the pup who has my heart,
here are some pix of Miss Ashleigh...


No comments:
Post a Comment